Healthy Chicken Recipies
Baked Crispy Chicken Nuggets
Makes 6 Servings
- - 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts weighing about 6 oz. / 170 g each
- - 1/4 cup / 60 ml of oat bran
- - 1/4 cup / 60 ml of wheat germ
- - 1 Tbsp / 15 ml coarsely ground flaxseed
- - 1/4 cup / 60 ml coarsely ground almonds
- - 1/2 tsp / 2 1/2 ml sea salt
- - 1/2 tsp / 2 1/2 ml white pepper
- - Pinch garlic powder
- - 1/2 cup / 120 ml water or low-sodium chicken broth
- - 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or coating lightly with best-quality olive oil.
- 2. Cut chicken breasts into nugget-sized pieces, about 1.5 inches square. Set aside.
- 3. Next, combine all dry ingredients in a large container with a tightly fitting lid. Shake well. This is your coating mixture.
- 4. Combine water and egg in a medium bowl. Dip each piece in the water/egg-white mixture. Then dip each piece in the coating mixture. Make sure each piece is well coated.
- 5. Place on the baking sheet. When all of your chicken has been
coated and your baking sheet is full, place in the oven and bake for
10-15 minutes or until golden.
(Per Serving - 4 Nuggets)
- Calories: 100
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fat: 3.5g